GRASPIC DS3

Studless Winter Snow

Overall Rating (8.8)


The Graspic DS-3 represents the third generation of Dunlop Digi-tire Studless Ice & Snow winter tires developed for the drivers of coupes and sedans, as well as family minivans and crossover utility vehicles. Graspic DS-3 tires use Dunlop's Digital Rolling Simulation II technology (computer-enhanced design) and premium tread compounding to deliver wintertime traction in snow and on ice.

Graspic DS-3 studless winter / snow tires feature a silica-based, glass fiber-reinforced tread compound molded into a symmetric independent block tread design to provide grip in snow and on ice without resorting to traditional metal studs. High-density Miura-shaped sipes (featuring a three-dimensional interlocking zigzag design) help stiffen the tread blocks to promote steering feel and even tread wear. The Graspic DS-3's Digital Rolling Simulation II technology helps optimize tread pattern stiffness to enhance footprint pressure distribution for improved grip and treadlife.

The first 55% of the Graspic DS-3's tread depth features Dunlop's high-grip silica-enhanced compound while the remaining 45% features an all-season tread compound. Snow platform indicators (basically, snow wear bars) are molded into the Graspic DS-3's tread grooves to inform the driver when ice and snow traction will be reduced as the tire's tread wear reaches the point where the premium high-grip silica tread compound is about to wear away.

COMFORT
Noise 8.0
Ride 8.8
Tread-wear 8.0
DRY
Cornering Stability 8.0
Dry Traction 8.3
Steering Response 7.8
WET
Hydro-planing 9.3
Wet Traction 9.3
Winter/Snow
Deep Snow 9.8
Ice 9.5
Light Snow 10.0

Independent Tire Reviews By Customers

Date: 8/7/2012 Review's Overall Rating: 9.5
2004 Toyota Camry XLE 16 option
Miles Driven 24000
Driving Condition Highway/City Mix
Driving Style (not specified)
Comments Great tires!
Comfort Category
Noise 10.0
Ride 10.0
Tread-wear 8.0
Comfort Category
Hydro-planing 10.0
WetTraction 10.0
Comfort Category
CorneringStability 8.0
DryTraction 10.0
SteeringResponse 8.0
Comfort Category
DeepSnow 10.0
Ice 10.0
LightSnow 10.0
Date: 8/7/2012 Review's Overall Rating: 9.5
2004 Toyota Camry XLE 16 option
Miles Driven 24000
Driving Condition Highway/City Mix
Driving Style (not specified)
Comments Great tires!
Comfort Category
Noise 10.0
Ride 10.0
Tread-wear 8.0
Comfort Category
Hydro-planing 10.0
WetTraction 10.0
Comfort Category
CorneringStability 8.0
DryTraction 10.0
SteeringResponse 8.0
Comfort Category
DeepSnow 10.0
Ice 10.0
LightSnow 10.0
Date: 4/3/2015 Review's Overall Rating: 8.7
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Miles Driven 3000
Driving Condition Combined Highway / City
Driving Style Average
Comments I couldn't get the Dunlop snow tire model tires I had previously bought. This Dunlop model was recommended by the store personnel. They have performed well so far, but are still relatively new and have allot of tread remaining. Considering we've had the worst snowy winter in history, I've been very happy with these snow tires.
Comfort Category
Noise 8.0
Ride 9.0
Tread-wear 8.0
Comfort Category
Hydro-planing 9.0
WetTraction 9.0
Comfort Category
CorneringStability 10.0
DryTraction 7.0
SteeringResponse 9.0
Comfort Category
DeepSnow 9.0
Ice 8.0
LightSnow 10.0
Date: 1/11/2014 Review's Overall Rating: 7.4
2004 Honda Civic EX
Miles Driven 3000
Driving Condition Mostly Highway
Driving Style (not specified)
Comments Tires were great in snow and ice compared to my all-seasons. Inspires a lot of confidence. Road noise is probably the biggest issue but it's a welcome trade off given the superior grip in snow/ice.
Comfort Category
Noise 4.0
Ride 6.0
Comfort Category
Hydro-planing 8.0
WetTraction 8.0
Comfort Category
CorneringStability 6.0
DryTraction 6.0
SteeringResponse 6.0
Comfort Category
DeepSnow 10.0
Ice 10.0
LightSnow 10.0